Friday 2 May 2014

How tasty is a 22p cake? @Morrisons #MorrisonsMum

How tasty?
"Really good" according Rachel
"A bit weird" according to me


I couldn't resist buying a cake mix that was only 22p it just had to be tried.   All it needed was one egg and some cold water.  I mixed for 3 minutes as instructed and divided the mixture between 12 small cake cases. After 12 minutes in the oven They were cooked and after cooling they were ready for the kids to decorate. 


I'd bought these wonderful animal shapes for the kids to use as decorations alongside sprinkles and butterflies we already have.  The kids had a great time using white icing amd over sprinkled everything they could.   The results were impressive though.

But what I really cared about was the taste. 
They were light and strangely springy and the flavour was hard to identify. It wasn't unpleasant but not really very interesting. The men identified it first; "it's like a flan" and they were exactly right.

So no; I don't think I'll get the mix again UNLESS it's as a super cheap base for practicising cake decorating.i

1 comment:

kateonthinice said...

Love how they are decorated. Commenting for myself @kateonthinice and on behalf of BritMums and thanking you for taking part.