Thursday 28 March 2013

Mobile of Hearts

This is another project we did this week because I'm off school because I'm ill.
I got the idea from one of my craft books and it was amazing fun.
It took me about an hour and a half to make it.

Materials:
- paper
- glue
- paint
- glitter
- stickers
- pencil
- scissors
- string or wool or thread


  1. I folded a piece of paper in half
  2. Then I drew a quite large circle and cut it out - this means I had two large circles
  3. I took the circles together and folded them in half
  4. Then I cut a smaller semi circle from this larger one - to make a ring
  5. I took the smaller two circles (cut out from the large one) and cut a heart shape in it
    Now I had two large rings, two smaller rings with heart centres and two hearts
  6. I cut a piece of wool to the length I wanted my mobile and laid it on the table.
  7. I put one large circle under the wool and glued all over it
  8. I stuck the other large circle over the top  - to hold the wool in place
  9. I did the same with the heart centred circles and with the hearts.
  10. Once the glue was dry I painted the circles and hearts and decorated them.


When it was all finished I hung it up to dry and it's still there in our conservatory looking great.

This is so much fun, I hope you try it too.




No comments: