Friday 19 August 2011

Harry Potter and the deathly hallows part 2

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Tonight Mike and I finally had babysitters in the house and so we got to see Harry Potter and the deathly hallows part 2. It's been a long wait since part 1 and as we sat down in the cinema we realised that watching part 1 again might have been a good idea. But we caught up quick enough.

I've always loved Harry Potter; the books, audio CDs read by Stephen Fry and the movies; I'm a fan. But this final installment of the films just left me feeling a bit ... flat. Disappointingly so, especially since I felt the final book was a triumph (if a long triumph).

Don't get me wrong, the film's dramatic, full of amazing special effects, brilliantly acted, true to the book and engaging. But it misses sonething. Although it touches on the emotional aspects of the book, it somehow turned a bit 'twee' at the end.

But don't let my slight dissappintment put you off; if you've seen the other films then you just have to see this on the big screen.

My rating 8/10
Mike's rating 10/10

No comments: