Thursday 5 May 2011

Milk poem

Rachel has been learning about poetry at school this week, amazing how year 1 literacy covers so many aspects of writing.  She has been reciting "the owl and the pussycat went to sea" and a lymeric about a biscuit.

She knows I've been writing poetry and  decided she wanted to write something.  She hadn't come up with a subject until we had the daily debate at breakfast about why she needs to drink her milk in her cereal.  

I repeated for the millionth time "milk makes you strong" and from that we created this poem.  The ideas were all Rachel's and I helped her with some of the rhythm, although she stayed stubborn about much for her creative license.

So here's Rachel's first poem "Milk"

Milk makes me strong
Milk is good for my teeth
Milk makes my bones tough

Milk is White
Milk is Cold
Milk gives me a moustache

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

1 comment:

Emma said...

Her very first Haiku, lovely! Emma :)