Friday 27 May 2011

always, never, last year

Five Question Friday, here goes, all you never needed to know about me



1. Do you apologize to your kids?
Absolutely, quite a lot, which possibly means I should try to be a better parent more often, but hey, it's the trying that counts. I have a very simple rule with Rachel; no means no. Sometimes that means I might have said no without just cause or reason; too much haste! In these circumstances I remain clear, no means no; but as soon as Rachel has accepted the unfairness of life I will apologise for being too speedy and unfair in my decision. It seems weird to me that parents wouldn't apologise to their kids, how can kids learn that it's ok to make mistakes and apolologise if we don't model it.

2. What color are your nails right now?
grubby end of the day nail colour. they were lovely and clean this morning but now they're looking a bit end of the dayish. however tomorrow things will be different; it's the start of the half term holiday so Rachel and I will paint our nails to celebrate. I'm thinking perhaps rainbow colours, we'll see.

3. When you were growing up, how difficult was it for you to stay home from school sick? (As in, did you have to vomit or just say "I don't feel good".)
I had to vomit or have a raging temperature, anything else was no where near a good enough excuse. In fact I remember a school nurse calling home to no avail. It didn't do me any harm; but I can't imagine making Rachel go to school if she is even a bit under the weather, but then she's never tried to throw a sicky yet!

4. When is the last time you bought a new comforter for your bed?
About a year ago I think. I finally decided that after 11 years of marriage we could replace the bedding we got for our wedding present.

5. Favorite website(s)?
The top five look like this:
Google
Blogger
Twitter
Facebook
BBC News

No comments: