Monday 25 April 2011

Royal Wedding; souvenirs and tat?

I was in year 1 when Charles and Diana got married.  Rachel is in year 1 now for William and Kate's wedding. What coincidence. This has got me thinking, what was my favourite royal wedding souvenir? And what might Rachel like?

I was given a book as a guide for the day, I don't remember being that impressed.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

I was also given a book afterwards, one I read over and over, marvelling at 'that dress' mainly.  I loved it.  That is the souvenir I remember.  
And here it is:
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos


So what is there out there?
Well, from small thoughts comes an eye opening, jaw dropping hour of research; and I might as well share it with you.  Where to start?

How about with the toys that I'm impressed with and from which I've bought for Rachel.  And no I'm not doing this as an investment so yes, she will be allowed to play with it.

Over to you to guess which I bought.

Playmobil
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

ELC
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Sylvanian Families
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Classic car
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Good old mini
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Top Trumps
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos


Then there's the clothes available

Pyjamas - pretty and pretty cheesy
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Bibs - cute but ....
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

T-shirts - no no no, not for me
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos


So how about classic china memorabilia? [please save me]

Plates
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Cups
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Thimbles 
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos


And if you like that, is this tat or tasteful to you?

Teddies
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Funny plates
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Plaques
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos


And then there are the items that make me cringe, the ones I think should have been banned.

Condoms
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Face masks
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Gnomes
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos


And finally. Two things have really caught my eye this morning.

Firstly it's the fantastic Legoland mini-land creation of the royal wedding, amazing.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

And secondly it's this mug
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Because I have a friend for whom this says it all :)

So come on then; what would you choose?  Apart from the toy for Rachel I am still holding out for a souvenir book with photos and details, that'll be my choice.

1 comment:

ESTWILL @ Edspire said...

I am not overly fussed by the royal wedding at all but because one day Esther and William may ask about it I am going to buy them each a magazine for their memory boxes and they each have a bodysuit with a union jack and 2011 on to wear under their clothes on the day and then keep in their memory boxes just so that they know they were here and I was aware that the whoel thing was going on. I do think if Esther was a bit older I owuld have got her the ELC set though. I quite like that and think that she would too x
www.edspire.co.uk