Tuesday 12 April 2011

Movie meme Le grande bleu

This week on metal mummy's movie meme the theme is world cinema. Go see her choice, I haven't seen it but will now on her recommendation.

My choice is the first film I ever saw abroad; Le Grande Bleu.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

I was on French exchange with the lovely Virginia Isaac and her family. A group of the French girls decided to take us, their exchange pen pals, to the cinema; and this was what we saw.

I'm not sure how much of the film I understood in terms of detailed plot, after all my French was not that good; but I remember being captivated by the cinematography and beauty of it, as well as the tension which came through.

I have since watched the dubbed version and been sorely disappointed, it didn't have the same magic. My advice, get the original version in French and enjoy it despite what language issues you might encounter.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm never heard of it, shall investigate!

Metal Mummy said...

Ooo, I'll be having a nosey! x

Jenny said...

Omg how gorgeous is the man in thisfilm!!I watched this film on the Greek Island on which it was filmed which was fun! It's a great film choice x

Unknown said...

Dolphin with dark deep blue see. So amazing. I like to read more about these in your next updates.
dean graziosi

Bloggomy said...

Will check it out - need to educate myself on the world movie front as my movie meme this week will show x

Unknown said...

Oh this is a great choice. Jean Reno is in this too - brilliant actor! x

Michelle Reeves - Bod for tea said...

Brilliant choice! I saw this years ago and the ending really affected me. Beautifully shot too.

Anonymous said...

I'm not very good at world cinema so will have a lot of films to catch up on! Sounds good.

Anonymous said...

I think I've seen this film, quite possibly also on a long ago French Exchange trip!! Yes it is rather good though I agree, the dubbed version wouldn't have the same impact. Nice recommendation :)