Monday 21 February 2011

Gnomeo and Juliet

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Rachel
It was a good film.
One gnome was red and one was blue, the blue one was Gnomeo and the red is Juliet.  They start off fighting each other but then they're friends and they love each other.  In the end everyone is friends.
It is very funny.  I think 3 year olds would like it upto granny age.
10/10

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Mike
It started off good, was a bit mind gnoming in the middle but finished well.  Elton could have spent note than five minutes getting the soundtrack together!  I wouldn't buy it on DVD but would watch it on tv.
7/10

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Emma
I was dreading this film, wondering what it was going to be like; but I was pleasantly surprised.  The characters are likeable and distinct; the story is close enough to Romeo and Juliet to be obvious but doesn't take it seriously.  

I liked the middle section, the cameo by Shakespeare was priceless.  It was the right length and kept Rachel entertained.  

Where as Mike thought the soundtrack was a cop out, I enjoyed all the memories through Elton's songs.  

I can't imagine many kids older than primary school liking it, it's not quite clever enough to work on many levels; but it's great for a Sunday afternoon chill out as a family.
8/10

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments: