Tuesday 15 February 2011

Blast from the past

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Does this look like a five year old to you?
She looks the spit if me when I was about 14, except loads more petite!

It's reminded me of that time, it's the late 1980s, and the film I saw that stands out in my mind is......

Who Framed Roger Rabbit

Do you remember that film?
The first time that animation met live action, it was groundbreaking and I remember being wowed by it.
If you haven't watched the film here's what you need to know:
- There's a gorgeous girl
- a detective
- a cartoon rabbit
- it's a detective film
- set in toon town
- very 1930s style
- it's funny
- it's sweet
- there are cameos by bugs bunny and Mickey mouse

kids are now used to seeing cartoons and people together, perhaps that will make this less amazing than it was at it's release, but it's still very much one of a kind.

So will I show it to Rachel sometime soon?
Well it's a PG but I don't think it's her thing yet, perhaps a year from now; definitely soon.

No comments: